Evolutif Automated Testing
We offer to:
- Accelerate and maximise the return on your investment in test automation
- Find bugs, security loopholes and performance issues before your customers do
- Avoid disillusionment with test tools in your organisation
- Supplement test tool training with skills transfer in the practical real world of your own systems
- Build a solid basis for making test automation work on subsequent releases and future systems.
Expert assistance in automating testing from Evolutif will help you meet tight delivery dates, ensure user satisfaction and reduce risks. Putting test tools to work
If the idea of Computer Aided Software Testing (CAST) tools is new to you, Evolutif can give you impartial advice. We don’t sell tools of our own, but we can help you choose the right one and implement it successfully. We’re experts in putting test tools to work.
The fast pace and high risks of web development have encouraged many organisations to purchase automated test tools for both functional and non-functional – performance and capacity – testing.
A test tool can replace repetitive functional regression testing. For web systems, with their heterogeneous and distributed architectures, and target user communities of thousands or even millions, there is no feasible way to ensure adequate performance under load without automated testing.
Though the potential benefits of test automation are clear, and the tools are sophisticated and mature, the payback from test tools often falls far short of expectations. It doesn’t need to.
“Know-how” and experience are crucial
There are many important “soft” issues that affect how much you’ll benefit from a test tool. But you can choose the right tool from a market-leading vendor, improve your testing processes, sell the idea of automation internally, train your staff and still end up with shelfware. Why?
Test tools look easy enough to be used by manual testers or even business analysts. But to get the best from a tool, automators need many of the same technical skills as programmers with additional experience in the unique problems of test automation. Would you ask your business users to write programs? Do your developers want to spend time testing?
Our experience shows that resolving the “hard” technical issues of test automation is a crucial success factor. To make the most of test tools, you need testers with specific skills in test automation.
Our test toolsmiths have a rare blend of manual test expertise and in-depth technical skills in leading test toolsets. This is coupled with valuable technical knowledge of the complex infrastructure and technologies underlying modern systems.
Where automation specialists can help
There are many situations where test automation specialists can get you off to a good start with a test tool, add capacity to your test team on pressing projects, recover lost automated test assets, or simply demonstrate conclusively that automated testing works.
- Are you considering purchasing a test tool, but are unsure you have the skills in house to make it pay off?
- Do the testers, programmers, network and web administrators, and management need proof that a tool will pay off?
- Would you like to quickly convert your existing manual tests into an automated regression suite?
- Do you need to jump start your automation efforts to meet deadlines?
- Do you need extra, skilled test automators for a few weeks or months to supplement resources on your in-house team?
- Do your manual testers or business analysts need further training in using a test tool or in preparing test cases for automation?
- Do you need to release your skilled programmers from technical support of a test tool to allow them to get on with important development work?
- Have you used a test tool on a previous project, but lost the skills to maintain and run the tests?
Calling in the experts
Automated testing services from Evolutif are specifically tailored to your needs. To start, a senior team member will help you assess the requirements. We can then supply a fully managed independent team or work within an integrated team, with individual Evolutif experts working alongside your manual testers, business analysts, and technical administrators. We can manage the integrated team or work in a team under your own management.
We are equipped to provide a long term outsourced automated testing function or to plan for a shorter-term injection of resource. We can transfer skills to your own staff and establish automation “best practice” and standards as a sound basis for the future.
Evolutif has partnerships with the leading test tool vendors, including Mercury Interactive and Compuware.